Tunnel Between Land and Sea

“From where I stood, I can see at the end of the tunnel fertile land with evergreen trees and summertime flowers. Behind me, just several steps away was the Sea, telling me to come back and finish what we’ve started. I had to choose between my first love and my next dream.”

Were the shapes and colors a fabrication of my mind? Did I imagine some of them? Was there a need to enter my fantasy land to reclaim the light and magic that abounds in it? Or was everything exactly what my eyes are seeing? Let me know at the end of our adventure.

Took almost 7 years to finally explore the water tunnel at the coastal town of Davenport that exits the Sea.

Davenport Beach. Some days I see it how others see it. Some days, I see more and it speaks to me like I’m the only person that needs all its time and attention. It makes me feel special whenever I feel insignificant. We all have our version of Davenport Beach. They are our version of heaven and paradise while still breathing. God has not forgotten. He knows exactly what we need.

The water was low that day, enough to safely walked on the sides of the tunnel. Some parts, the sand was too soft that it broke down to many pieces as soon as I stepped on it. Had no choice but to walk into the knee deep of ice-cold water.

Inside was dark. The sound of gushing water, loud and crisp. The smell, damp and strange. It felt chilly and misty. The rock pathway, slippery wet. Condensed water from the rock ceiling dripping on my head and shoulders.

I kept walking until I couldn’t anymore. Midway way was darker. I couldn’t see the pathway ahead. My imagination started to take shapes and forms. Doubt and paranoia followed.

The tunnel exist for a reason. Could be our exit and freedom. Could be our entry to a World much better than the last. Could be the beginning of everything we dream and hope. We shouldn’t fear it. It is our escape from our living nightmares.

My gut feeling told me to stop. I was alone. My Son was also alone by the beach. Everything happened too fast, instincts happened before thinking. Excitement before wise judgment. It wasn’t new. I was just being me.

Son decided to stay dry and not get his feet wet. He warned me clearly before going though with the adventure with a question, “Don’t you know where that tunnel water comes from?” My answer, “The sewage.” He laughed and said, “That’s right, and you’re still going through with it. Good luck.” He gets to be the smart, cautious one in this part of the story.

Mindfulness means maintaining a moment-by-moment awareness of our thoughts, feelings, bodily sensations, and surrounding environment, through a gentle, nurturing lens. It’s part of a successful self care, self love and self healing.

But honestly, the water looks crystal clear clean and it felt refreshingly nice. So, maybe it was not a sewage tunnel water after all, but an underground cave spring water.

Was my imagination merging reality and fantasy into one believable experience?

We do what we do to feel alive. We don’t have to rationalize, explain nor justify living.

The tunnel was simply the end detour of our beach hike before heading home. The rest of the adventures were too detailed beautiful and personal to describe.

Fish Tail Rock separates the beach from the natural dangers of the deep.
The hike…pretty and picture perfect. Was it a fitness walk or a relaxing meditative journey? They were both. They were exactly how I want them to be.
Between Nature and Life is you that can rewrite any story of your choosing.
Nature keeps giving me the Sea and it’s Flowers when I needed kindness, love and miracles. It knows me too well and prepares what I need long before the adventure begins.
When Nature sense I needed water, water appears that cures everything both the known and the unknown, the transient and the forever.

But this I can say without a doubt and confusion, that I felt so wonderfully whole and young all over again. And that is worth dipping into the dirty, ice-cold water of temporary youth and happiness.

We don’t have to be rich nor be an Influencer to share goodness and hope. There are magic and inspiration in our stories, whether they are sad or happy, broken or triumphant. People relates to our imperfections and dreams. May we see them as beautiful and have the bravery to share them in our own words and images. We can’t simply disappear and be forgotten. Our stories will be found by the right People, at the right time so it they can serve a bigger purpose.
From this distance, the tunnel is non-existent. It takes effort and imagination for adventure to come to life.

Adventure will involve lots of dirt and gold, dust and heart that will defy and test the written as well as the implied rules of Men and Society.

Better things are meant to look more scary, harder and challenging. One of the many tricks of Life.

No such thing as perfect endless days, just perfect moments that are good enough to keep dreaming and hoping that life can only get better, cleaner, healthier and happier.

…and now it’s your turn to share your stories of adventure and fantasy. You are the Master Writer that can transform the impossible to possible.

Just a Man too curious where his dreams will take him.
This entry was posted in Life and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

38 Responses to Tunnel Between Land and Sea

1. Beautiful. Specially loved your comments and introspection under every photo

2. geniametochi says:

Just Beautiful!!!!!
    The Coastline is something that continues to give and travel …. !

3. geniametochi says:

…inspiration!!!!

4. Wow those images are so cool, its like a safe haven and a sanctuary one can hide in and let nature take its course😊💯💯

5. Wow, what gorgeous photos!

6. What a thrilling adventure. It’s always good to get out of our comfort zones and try something new, even if it’s a bit scary. Glad it was well worth the walk through the tunnel and cold sewage water.

What a beautiful moment. I felt like I was there with you venturing into the tunnel after all these years. Sometimes, you just gotta embrace the moment, let go of the doubt and paranoia and sewage water be damned, go all in. I’m glad you had that moment – and the beautiful adventure with your son that day. Thank you for sharing it all with us!

8. jasonlikestotravel says:

Looks like a beautiful spot, glad you enjoyed your sewage water adventure 😉

9. ourcrossings says:

Just beautiful. I don’t think I would ever get enough of seeing the California coastline and that gorgeous blue sky through your posts and photographs. Thanks for sharing. I hope all is well 🙂 Aiva xx

The beach is stunning. The tunnel definitely scary. Would I venture that way? Maybe… we’ll never know. But I love what you do and where you go in your perfect moments. 🤗💟

11. Michele Lee says:

What a magnificent place! Wow!

12. arlene says:

Wow, such a lovely place. You have captured it beautifully.

13. What a beautiful beach adventure!! Awesome 💙

14. gjef2871 says:

Oh Wow. This is a wonderful post. I loved the pictures and the story. Thank you for inspiring me to get outside and feel peace in my heart.

After traveling around 1 km downstream there’s almost no remnants of sewerage, because the algae, plants, fish and bacteria eat it all up. There can still be poo-bacteria, parasites, viruses and other lurgeys though, so wouldn’t drink it!

15. elvira797mx says:

Beautiful olace and photos! Great post! Invites to reflect and motivate to be better person.
    Thank’s for share, friend. Have a blessing day!

16. Beautiful. I’m not adventurous when it comes to exploring caves. Love it when you say: “Our stories will be found by the right People, at the right time so it they can serve a bigger purpose.”

• It is true that our stories become relevant to those that connects to it. Nothing too small or big, but just right for those that needed them. I think more than ever, it is hard to find some sort of brave authenticity in a world bombarded by social media, trends and viral popularism. At the end of it, is it about numbers and gain or is it about meaning and personal relevance? Exactly why I ended Facebook and Instagram and never considered Tik Tok. I needed something more that relates and understands me, and vice versa. Basically, WordPress is where I found a group of brave souls willing to be open, honest and vulnerable. Friends comes in all forms and many of the blogging community has given generous friendship, support and appreciation. Truly amazing. Thank you.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: