Caladesi Island Summer

An unspoiled gem in Florida’s Emerald Coast, Caladesi takes you to a world where dream top beaches are made of.

Caladesi Florida

Today, we travel to a hidden paradise.

caladesi

Our adventure begins with a ferry ride from Honeymoon Island State Park.

Caladesi Florida

From the mainland, notice how calm the emerald-green sea is.

Caladesi Florida

The captain excitedly announced, “Dolphins to your right.”

One playful dolphin approach the ferry-boat. It made an impressive aerial jump. We all went wild!

Caladesi Florida

As we entered a cove full of tall palm trees, the captain told everyone, “We’ve reached Caladesi Island. Welcome and have a great time. Just remember the departure times and be sure to be here when the last ferry leaves. For those who will miss it, don’t worry, the next ferry arrives tomorrow. FYI, if you want to survive the night, stay away from the wild animals and snakes.” Everyone laughed. Was it a joke or a warning?

Caladesi Florida

So many wooden trails. Which one leads to the beach? Great luck, the family next to us knows this island well. Let’s follow them.

caladesi

Blue green waters ahead.

Caladesi

Before taking a dip, grab some beach chairs and umbrellas. It’ll be one hot day.

Caladesi

Now, that we’ve settled and applied our sunscreens, it’s swim time.

Caladesi

The water’s warm and refreshing. Feel the soft powdery white sands beneath our feet. Incredible!

caladesi

Did I forget to tell you about the sting rays that leaves around these waters? Don’t panic. Let me teach you the sting ray shuffle. It stirs the sand warning a sting ray to swim away. It works if we all do the shuffle right. Let’s try it, “Step, step, shuffle, shuffle. Step, step, shuffle, shuffle.” Great job!

Caladesi

“Ah, life is better the beach.”

caladesiBuilding our sand castle fortress.

caladesi

Body Board Surfing.

caladesi

Sweet and delicious Cantaloupe.

caladesi

Relax and be happy.

caladesi

Wish we didn’t have to but it’s time for the last ferry to leave.

caladesi

Goodbye Caladesi. Thank you an amazing Summer adventure.

caladesi

This entry was posted in Summer and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

92 Responses to Caladesi Island Summer

Mr. B, as I was reading this I was thinking all the while that it was your way of passing the time while you are apart. Such a beautiful way to do it, and such precious memories you have shared. I hope the time speeds by till you’re making memories together again πŸ™‚

• Thanks Jo. The last few days was a bit depressing but I’m trying to divert my mind by focusing on the happy Summer memories. It’s a blessing though that we have Skype, face time, what’s up and viber on our iPhones. They help bridge the gap and makes family feel closer. Have a great Summer my friend!

2. You’ve created a visual treasure trove to keep your spirits soaring. Very nice to have you posting again.

• It was one happy memory we shared last year but I got so much on my plate that I never had the time to make it a forever through blogging. I’m glad I finally did. In life, all it takes is one great Summer day to help us find our inner Summers once more. Thanks Sally.

3. Angeline M says:

What a great day. Glad I could join you here. Happy summer!!

• Thanks Angeline. This Summer has been hectic. Had to cover extra shifts and transfer to another place before my two buddies left for overseas. Now I have time and I hope I can make a few more post before life have me running again.

4. You described it so perfectly I felt I was there.

5. nowathome says:

How I miss summer!

• I missed so many days of it but knowing now that I can always have Summer if I want too gives me a sense of excitement and comfort. Raise our glass to great Summers ahead! Thanks.

6. Crooked Tracks says:

The perfect summer day will last forever in your heart.

7. Thanks for sharing your adventure. Have a blessed day, too! πŸ˜€

8. Lucid Gypsy says:

I hope the weeks pass quickly for you, I can imagine you miss them badly!

• I hope so too my friend. The total silence in the house can be deafening and longing more intense. I’m so glad I have this blog to keep myself busy and supportive blogger friends who have my back. Thanks.

9. misswhiplash says:

you are such a romantic softie..wish my hubby was like that but he puts up with me so I suppose I must be grateful.
    Thank you for a wonderful day..I really enjoyed that trip, even though I did end up with sand in between my toes.
    Take care sweet friend,,,number 1 son is growing very tall… lots of love and may the Good lord always Bless you

• Thanks Patrecia. You’d been a very generous, thoughtful blogger friend. Always a joy to hear from you. I’m glad to know you enjoyed our little trip to Caladesi. To take home it’s powdery sands is truly magical! Even if I haven’t been to Russia, your post made me believe that I was in front of those grand churches myself. The mind fueled with our heart can transport us anywhere we wish to be. God bless you & your family always.

10. Sarah says:

Wow! That beach is amazing! Especially loved the last photo πŸ™‚ so postcard-like!

11. Such a lovely post!
    I love seeing and reading about you guys! ☺
    Caladesi looks like a place to which I need to plan a weekend getaway!
    You are right: the Emerald Coast has FAB beaches!!

12. just4why says:

Looks like a wonderful place. I enjoyed the trip.

13. If you are buying tickets for a treat then we will all need to drag you along on our summer adventures!

14. sparrow says:

Oooh, how lovely! I can almost feel the soft sand between my toes πŸ™‚ If I ever go, I will keep in mind the stingray shuffle, too, ha.

• I had a patient poked by a possible stingray and the pain was agonizing. I realized now that the stingray shuffle is truly very important when swimming in areas they are commonly found. Scared me for minute though I do love the beach. We just need to be more careful especially with our kids. Could be a parent’s nightmare if they get hurt by sting rays. Thanks for sharing.

15. absolutely beautiful, and how great that you have all of these photos to record this finale of time together before they zoomed to ahead! you’re always so kind to share your outings with all of us!

16. auntyuta says:

May you revisit these beautiful memories many times! Thanks IT for sharing this wonderful day with pictures and marvellous description of a summer day spent with your family. You always know how to get the most enjoyment out of a holiday. Another great feel good post. Thank you!
    πŸ™‚

• You stories of amazing vividly clear memories inspires me my friend. I wish I have a similar sharp memory. I can’t seem to recall in details events of younger years, only fragments. Thus, I try to preserve recent ones hoping in distant future I will have a way to remember in case my memory starts playing tricks on me. Thanks.

17. Colline says:

I loved spending the day with you through your photos. What a lovely place to visit. The sea looks so blue and the sand so white.

18. sued51 says:

Great post…what a beautiful beach…

19. Penny says:

Love this. I ‘ve never heard of this beach either. Great find!

• After seeing Clearwater the first time and fell in love with it, my wife and so promised to go back for a week the next Summer. Google help me find Caladesi and the curious traveler in me. Hope you see it one day. Thanks.

20. omel07 says:

Breathtaking! I can’t believe I didn’t find out about this last year when I was still in Florida. I would’ve alloted a few days for a vacation there. The sand, the beach, the sun. It would have been an awesome summer getaway. Plus, building a sand castle fortress sounds like an excellent idea. Your adventures are always so inspiring. Keep up the good work and always remember to have fun!

• Florida is blessed with so many amazing beaches. The Pinellas county area is blessed with stunning beaches. One week is not enough take it all in! Thanks. I hope you can revisit Florida. Check Clearwater, St. Petersburg and yes, Caladesi.

21. What a beautiful, relaxing trip. Your writing and photos make me feel like I was there with you and your family. Awesome. I especially loved the photo of the dolphin leaping. Leave it to you, an out-of-stater, to find the perfect Florida vacation spot. Thanks for sharing, Island Traveler.

• Sometimes it takes someone from out of town to open our eyes to the beauty of our town. I tried to to that while in the Philippines but 31 years wasn’t enough. I tried it in California but 4 years wasn’t enough. I’m now turning 8 in Texas and I hardly scratch the surface of what it has to offer. We need to try to pursue adventure with all that we’ve got for life is too short. Thanks.

• I’ve lived in Florida for 15 years. While we’ve seen many places in the Sunshine State, there’s many more that still need exploring. I loved the beach you visited. πŸ˜‰

• Thanks Judy. There’s never enough time to explore our home state but we can do our best to make as much adventures as we can. I wish Texas has more beaches but then it does have a lot of fun rivers and lakes.

22. I enjoyed your pictures Island Traveler and would love to sit as you do just relaxing and enjoying the Beach, I don’t swim in the Ocean anymore but enjoy looking at it and I even wrote a poem about it’s beauty. We can indeed thank God for the beauty of His Creation and all His blessings instead of depending on Luck as some do, which is fleeting and empty.

Thanks for sharing your Summer with us -Christian Love – Anne

• I’d love that my friend. I bet it’s like seeing an old great friend. To tell you life stories. To listen to your words of faith, wisdom, hope, friendship and comfort. Who knows, the world is smaller than we think and God does never fail to bring the most exciting of surprises! God bless. Thanks .

• I too would really enjoy sharing with you Island Traveler but no doubt if I was I would talk your ear off, my life although sad at times has also been very full, I’m a people person and love to share and listen to others share.

I was reading some of your comments again, you have many supportive people who follow your Blog and their also caring. I value your Blogging friendship too and feel blessed to have met you and always look forward to sharing with you, I feel part of your family now.

I thought you might like to read my poem about the Beach that I was telling you about Island Traveler, it’s called … The Awesome Ebb and Flow

Poem – http://freedomborn.wordpress.com/2012/05/27/the-awesome-ebb-and-flow/

Christian Love from us both – Anne

• We will share each other sad stories and celebrate the many times we rose above them. We will laugh when we must. We will cry when we must. What matters is we know we don’t have to do it alone. That’s what true friends and family are for. God bless always. Thanks.

23. I really am enjoying your blog. What I have read on your blog so far you I see you are a family guy and that is pretty inspiring. I have nominated you for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award: http://live2laugh4love.wordpress.com/2014/07/14/nomination-very-inspiring-blogger-award-2/

24. DotedOn says:

Amazing place! Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing with us πŸ™‚

25. Sherri says:

Oh IT, thank you so much for taking us along with you to this beautiful place of Caladesi where summer dreams are made! I feel as if I’ve just had a swim in the clear, blue sea, watched the dolphins, felt the sand between my toes and laughed and played and will always remember this special day. I’m so happy for you that you have these summer memories to remember while your dear family are away, and it won’t be too long before you join them. Your post is full of love, joy and laughter, I can hear it ringing out even more, across the ocean, sending its message across the sea with every wave crashing into the shore. God bless you my friend, and praying that all goes well for you for the rest of your summer.
    I also wanted to let you know that I’ve nominated you for some awards, as my way of showing my appreciation for your beautiful blog and writing (and photos of course!) and your beautiful heart and spirit. Also to thank you for your readership of my blog, which means so much to me. Here is the link, many congratulations to you my friend – Sherri 😎 πŸ˜€ πŸ˜‰

• Thanks Sherri. We all strive to fill our lives and those we care about love, joy and laughter. To have Summers not bounded by time. Of Summers that brings comfort and closeness to family we long to be near too. Thank you for being such a generous kind blogger friend and thanks for sharing these awards. Always an inspiration to have one. Congratulations as well. God bless and wishing you & your family an amazing Summer!

26. Thank you for the much needed getaway. The photos are beautiful, peaceful, relaxing, and I was happy to spend the day with you and your family. Enjoy your quiet time and then enjoy reuniting with your wife and son. Every day’ say holiday. πŸ™‚

27. sf says:

Wow, looks like such an absolutely fun and beautiful family day!

28. The Guat says:

Duuuuuuuuuude these are some beautiful pics. Those blue green warm waters look great! I live on the west coast and although our beaches are awesome sometimes I wish they had that clear blue green tone and were a bit warmer too πŸ™‚ but I still love them! Sorry it will take you a couple of weeks to catch up to your family, but these pictures do make for great memories πŸ™‚ Have a good one my friend πŸ™‚

• Thanks. The Gulf of Mexico waters is just amazing. Best part I like, it’s warm enough to stay on for hours. Sea water wise, any beach is beautiful in itself. Always unique with new adventures to make.

29. rommel says:

So great that you are exposing your son to the many wonders and beauty of the world, and expanding his capabilities. Dolphin watching is fun!

30. sideways14 says:

Beautiful photos!

31. loisajay says:

I’m up in the Florida Panhandle and had to look and see where this park was located. Looks like you and your family had a great time. I have bookmarked this park–it’s summer and I need a vacation!

32. I tried to comment on your summer post but there was no comment box available. How bizarre… Anyway, I was curious to know which month you were born in? I was told a long time ago that most people prefer the season they were born in somehow. I love summer too but I have to say I enjoyed it more when I lived in a place where there were seasons. It feels like summer in San Diego year round, just some months a lot hotter than others, and never enough rain. I didn’t like the cold and the snow much but after living here for 15 years, I miss it. I miss the seasons. I loved fall and the change of colors (which we don’t see much of here) and spring and the rebirth of everything around us. But you’re right, summer without school has a different feeling. It’s a great opportunity to relax with your family, as you’ve been doing. And I can imagine how hard it must be for a family man like you to be without his family for a few weeks. I bet you will all love to get back together and enjoy each other’s company even more upon their return.

• I was born in 1971 but growing up in a tropical setting, I only know one season, Summer. We have our rainy season but the landscape and the coastal lifestyle remains the same. I moved to America in 2003 and though it is now my home, I can never change who I was and will never forget the great memories of my 31 years in the Philippines. It will always be one of my many homes. I believe we can have more than one home for as long as part of our hearts lives in them. Thanks and have a wonderful Summer. All the best to your family.

33. tonamtzalor says:

Thanks for stopping by and following my blog. I love your pictures and will read your posts.

34. Konstantina says:

Looks like you had a great holidays. I loved the picture with the dolphins.

35. I never tire of our Florida beaches. In fact, the little path to the beach looks a lot like the one we have here on Manasota Beach.The waters bluish green color is crystal clear and begs for people to come in and play. You showcased the water fun so well with your son and his board. Very nice shots ….!!!!

36. Tiny says:

Very nice post right from my neighborhood πŸ™‚

Comments are closed.