Looking Back 2012

Remembering 2012

Year 2012 is a year that most of us will never forget. Much as it brought good things and reasons to be thankful about but it also brought devastation, loss, pain and sadness. It is a year of change, moving on and starting all over again. It is a year of celebration as well as forgetting the things that broke our hearts. It is a year where nations joined hands to reach out to those in need. It is a year where faith, family and friendship gave courage and strength for so many who needed much comfort.

Island Traveler

All of us have our trials and hardships to bear. Most people I know thinks my life comes easy and laden with everything sweet. Perhaps I’m just good in hiding the hardships that I go through. I laugh easily. Humor and optimism comes naturally despite of heartaches and broken dreams.

Island Traveler

2012 was a life changing year for me and my family. We finally said goodbye to a house that was our home for 6 years. So much memories of both the good and the bad. It was where my son first learned how to walk. It was a place where we shared our first adventures. So much laughter as well as tears. It was not an easy goodbye but we needed to start fresh and  gain back our life. Somehow the dreams we hoped then were no longer the dreams we want in the present. It was time to move on and just gain back the life we always dreamt us a family. No turning back, just looking forward with hope and faith.

Island Traveler

New Year, New Hope, New Beginnings

Today, I share a smaller house with my son and wife but it is a home. A home with new dreams and new beginnings. A home where I can start with a clean slate and be happy once again. We celebrated our first Christmas in it and it was beautiful.

Island Traveler My son made this for his mom on Valentine’s Day. It now hangs on our kitchen to remind us that in anything and everything, “Love is all we’ll ever need.”
I always remind myself, I always remind myself, “Leave the bad things behind and take with you all that is good.” These fellas came to our new home. They are my son’s comfort stuffed toys at night. The penguin still stays in his bed together with Mr. snowman he got this Christmas from a very good friend at work. Each one has a name, with a story and a beautiful memory that makes me smile every time I remember them.

This entry was posted in Events, Weekly Image Of Life and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

86 Responses to Looking Back 2012

1. cocomino says:

This year must be happy for your family and you I hope that your new start will be good Happy new year

2. Freedomborn says:

Wow Island Traveler how profound are your heart words ……Something within me wants to express and create in words and images a version of a better world. A world where you don’t have to feel alone anymore. A world where everyone understands and accepts your struggles without judgement. A world where you can share your innermost pain without fear. A world where you can have a friend who accepts you without conditions.

This is the Unity God talks about in the Bible in referance to His True Church, it is World wide, it has people from all differant Nations and Denominations, but it is not the counterfit world wide church but His one were showing Unity in Love, giving and receiving, even being willing to correct in Love if needed and to risk in openess and honesty and giving Love not just in words but shown in actions, and all these are always apparent and empowered by The Holy Spirit..

We too have had major problems our dear friend, not just in Blogging but in our personal lives, some are still unresolved but through it all God has strengthened us. Like you we are more focused, I also see a greater awarness in your sharing Island Traveler that Faith in a Loving God is very important…. How good is this!

We Love you in The Lord dear Brother, you are part of God’s family and so ours too.

Christian Love from both of us – Anne.

• My friend, you and Ron are a blessing to us all. You share God’s words in the most personal way that all of us are able to relate in our own lives. I hope you don’t mind that I’m sharing here your inspiring words from your recent post, “Each year is washed away by the tides of life but their imprint remains in our heart, let’s focus on all that is of God and is good, being thankful for the Pearls that come from this worlds affliction, trials, hardship and trouble, not rejoicing in the things that cause us to suffer but in knowing God strengthens as we go through them and works everything out for good and His Pearls that remain give us His inner Joy Eternally. ” A beautiful way to start 2013. We all needed to read this and live them in our hearts. God bless you both. Happy New Year!

3. Pingback: Weekly Image of Life: Wishes for 2013 | The Serenity Space

4. Amy says:

Hi IT, My thanks to you for tirelessly writing inspiring and heartwarming posts. Many of your wishes are close to my heart too. Congratulations to your new house! Wish you and your family a happy 2013!

5. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and hopes and dreams most sincerely and openly and for always give me much to think about and reflect upon. It has been such a pleasure following your journey and I wish for you and the your family all that you wish for in 2013. Lots of blessings to you all.

6. Thank you for your beautiful photos, taking us on your travels and adventures, sharing your family’s spirit. Thank you for visiting my place, too. Your hard work inspires me to press on. Happy New Year blessings to the three of you in your new home.

• Thanks Georgette. It’s amazing how time flies. It’s a joy to know you and your family via your blog for 2 years now. Wow! Time does flies fast. Happy New Year to you and your family.

7. dalerupright says:

I wish many blessings on you and your family, and may 2013 bring all the peace, love, and prosperity you desire! Your blog is amazing, and I will follow it as a source of inspiration in my own efforts. Happy 2013!

8. Your images and words are heartfelt. Your selections are filled with your usual soulful approach. I wish for your family and you a peaceful New Year with adventures of the heart and spirit.

• Thank you Sally. Making the posts makes me realize the blessings I have. Yes, I have my problems to bear but when I see the good things in my life, I am overcome with joy and gratitude. Wishing you all the best for 2013.

9. wolke205 says:

Wishing you & your family a Happy New Year 2013 🙂

10. Lucid Gypsy says:

Happy 2013, I wish you a lovely year of memory making!

11. rommel says:

More power and have a fun and creative blogging year ahead. Happy New Year!
    I love your black and white water pictures!!!! Impressive sets, IT. May all your new year wishes enter you and your family’s life. Impressive post as always.

12. janna hill says:

…and may all of your wishes come true.

• Thank you. I hope so and I wish you the same. Wishes and dreams are important. They keep us hopeful and inspired to pursue the things that makes us happy and feeling fulfilled. Happy New Year and best wishes to your family.

13. Caroline says:

Your photos and thoughts are beautiful. I hope all your wishes come true for 2013.

14. */-)ndr¡X* says:

The pictures and the writing is awsome my friend!!
    Thanks a lot for shareing them with us.

My Best Wishes for 2013, Happy New Year!! 😀

15. Always remember your blessings. Your awareness of that is very evident in your words and pictures. Always remember that once you have found your faith in God, that faith will never leave you, no matter how weak or far away you may feel.

God bless you in the new year.

• My friend, this is an inspiring thought to remember always, “. Always remember that once you have found your faith in God, that faith will never leave you, no matter how weak or far away you may feel.” Thank you. God bless and wishing you and your love ones a wonderful New Year.

It must be so hard to leave your native land and go somewhere where you are a stranger. Downsizing? The big dreams, but also the big debts. Your little boy making his marshmallow calender. He can do that anywhere so long as you and your wife are there with him. It seems such a happy home.
    Bless you all. I struggle with faith too. A close friend’s husband is terminally ill and I’m not in party mood this New Year. Happy to spend it with blogging friends and a loving husband. Happy to raise a glass to you, sir. Thank you for all that you give.

• Thanks Jo. I wish I have a family here in the U.S. when me and my wife started. Perhaps then we didn’t have to make those mistakes but God always has reasons and though we can’t explain them, we hope they are for the best in the end. Yes, I’m downsizing as early as now. Another mistake is getting a house beyond your budget. It’s easy to confuse the “American Dream” with having material wealth. I forgot why I even came to the U.S. but reality bit me hard and now my priorities are different. My parents taught me that by being simple and humble , it is easier to find happiness and contentment. They are so right. Wishing for all of us a better, brighter 2013.

17. Marianne says:

Today may there be peace within. May you trust that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
    May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith in yourself and others.
    May you use the gifts that you have received and pass on the love that has been given to you.
    May you be content with yourself just the way you are. Let this knowledge settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. It is there for each and every one of us.

I always enjoy your posts, IT, and may all your dreams and wishes have wings in 2013 🙂

• Thoughts that warms the heart. Thank you Marianne. I hope 2013 will bring all of us this wishes and hopes. To sing, dance, praise and love. To find happiness and inner peace. Happy New Year. God bless you and your family.

18. Northern Narratives says:

Hope 2013 is wonderful for you and your family.

19. Angeline M says:

Home is where the heart is…and you’re there!
    Happiest of times wished to you in 2013 and beyond.

• Thanks Angeline. Yes, home is where the heart it. If I only I knew that sooner. Ha, ha, ha. It’s not to late to simplify life and pursue what’s meaninful in this life. Happy New Year!

20. bebs1 says:

May all your wishes come true. Happy New Year to you and to all your loved ones!

21. starlight says:

love this post! made me think about my own wish list for 2013.. you really write so good! i love how you construct simple and ordinary words into beautiful sentences and most of all they always touch the heart so deeply..

22. MikeP says:

‘IT’…. here’s to a safer and more beautiful 2013… big smiles and hugs to you and your family. I feel blessed to have been part of your blogging community!!!

23. Sabina Brave says:

Happy New Year IT! May all your dreams come true 🙂
    Love and blessings to you, and your family

24. Sometimes the gloom tries to take over. You have a beautiful family and a kind, gentle heart. Let gratitude chase away the gloom and fill that gentle giant heart with joy. May your new year be filled with love and so much happiness. May your worries be few. Happiest of New Years, IT. Hang on to faith and hope and HAVE FUN. ~ Gemma

• Thanks Gemma. That is a beautiful wish for 2013. I do hope 2013 is all that. As I get older, I realized happiness is not measured by anything material but by how much you love and your are loved. Family, friendship, faith in God, these are priceless treasures on Earth. Have a great New Year my friend.

25. Lynda says:

Somehow, now matter where you go, or what the circumstances, I see you finding the good in all things. It is a joy to come and read your posts. You love life and share the wonderful moments with us. They are rare jewels, Mr. B, and we are grateful to you for allowing us to be a part of your life, and to share in your view of the world at large. May God continue to bless you and yours in 2013!

• Thank you Linda. I appreciate the generous, kind comment. I grew up where family means a lot and faith as a center of everything. I am guilty of being lost for while here in America but now I am drawn back to what is really important in my life. There’s no day that I don’t wish that I am back in the Philippines and my son learning first the gifts of his roots. Perhaps one day soon. God bless you and your family.

• Lynda says:

My husband often says that we are put right where God wants us to be, because we have a job to do or something to learn. We do not always understand His intention for our lives, but when we open our heart we eventually we figure it out.

26. Mazigrace says:

Thanks for sharing your unforgettable journey.

27. Angelia Sims says:

Thank-you for this wonderful list of heartfelt desires. I think it captures what is in our soul. I hope many positive changes do occur. I hope you have the best year yet. I try to stay positive too, but I think it is OK to show a weak side. We are just human. Blessings to you and your family.

• Thanks Angelia. I agree, as humans, we have our trials to bear. It’s not always sunny although we wish it is. There are times that clouds will hover above us and we can’t escape sadness. As for weakness, I believe each of us experience them but not everyone is ready to show that vulnerability. As for me, I realized that it’s one way of accepting who we are. We are imperfect but our family and our faith completes us. God bless you and your family.

28. Jenn says:

beautifully written as always … have a wonderful year .. Bright Blessings to you all 🙂
    my contribution this week … http://the-serenity-space.com/2012/12/31/weekly-image-of-life-wishes-for-2013/

• My friend, you shared the most beautiful wish there is for all when you explained what health, wealth and happiness, “To me it means a healthy life and way of looking at the world. Self-awareness.
      Wealth of spirit, generosity, love and laughter. Wealth in life and living.
      Happiness in being able to access what is necessary and what fills the heart and soul with healthy pleasure.

Contentment, satisfaction, courage and determination to succeed in achieving what our desires are. To live fully the life we have been given. To walk the path of our life’s journey with strength and openness, leaving our small mark upon the world. Knowing that we each have the opportunity to leave this beautiful planet a little better and richer for having us in it.” You have a pure heart that is generous and hopes for a better world for all. Love is a priceless gift we could share to anyone for 2013. A love that is willing to offer a hand for someone in need. A love that is willing to work hard for peace. Happy New Year to you and your family. Thank yo

29. This is a wonderful wishlist. Who wouldn’t wish the same? Well-chosen words! Wish you all the best for 2013 🙂

• Thank you. I don’t usually make resolutions but this year, a wish list seems fitting after the many events of 2012. Wishes somehow gives us hope and a reason to believe that better things are to happen.

30. eof737 says:

What a touching post… It has been a tough year for many and your wishes are my wishes are the wish of many… It is well! Blessings! 🙂

31. Aian Ramos says:

Your posts are always a pleasure to read…just now, I get to enjoy a few minutes of peace.. and before I’m even done reading, I knew that your words got to me and I feel like now I have a renewed strength to refocus on certain things in life. It’s so easy to get lost in such a material world, instant gratification, you’re right, I totally get it.
    Thanks for sharing such an amazing wish list!

• Thanks Aian. Reflecting on what we go through and others does make us realize on what’s important in our life. It helps us refocus and go back on the right path. Have a blessed day.

32. What an inspirational list! Thank you for sharing. All the best for 2013!

33. dadirri7 says:

i join you in these wishes for the world to be a better fairer place, we have such a lot of work to do in hearts and minds, and in corporate board rooms, to bring a better safer healthier life to all … thanks for your words and images os inspiration and encouragement all year … through all the changes you are experiencing you still bring your kind thoughtfulness to others, your ‘presence’ that is what is holy and whole, thank you for your gift to all of us island traveler, wishing you a wonderful year of happiness and health in 2013 🙂 christine xx

• Thank you Christine. If I can only turn back time, I wish I opened my heart and eyes to what is real and true sooner but past is past. I have a chance to change and follow a path that may not be popular but filled with meaningful faith. We live in world where vanity, power, material wealth is worshipped by many and it is easy to be blinded by them. It may be a hard road but it’s worth every sacrifice. Wishing you and your family love, peace and happiness.

34. Pingback: weekly image of life: wish list for 2013 | bob's wife

35. hi IT!
    a very blessed NEW YEAR to you and your loved ones.

we may not know what the Lord has planned for our lives just yet; but HE has destined each one with a purpose HE alone knows about. our acceptance of what they may be is primal to having peace in our heart, regardless.

thank you for your sharing with us your gift of putting into words meaningful life experiences and beautiful family moments into a cohesive thought of love, faithfulness and contentment. may the good Lord bless you more!

and allow me to share my wishlist for 2013: http://alwaysbobswife.wordpress.com/2013/01/04/weekly-image-of-life-wish-list-for-2013/
    APRIL

• Thank you April. When I was younger, I am a bit embarrassed to share something personal but then I realized there is something beautiful about being able to share both your strength and weakness. That it is okay to be vulnerable. That it is okay to make mistakes and be imperfect because in all these God draws me to seek his help and guidance. Going through all these made me realize I needed him all the more. God bless you and your family always. To a great 2013!

36. dearrosie says:

Beautifully expressed as always. I wish you much health and happiness in your new home – its important to remember that bloggers can share both the good and the sad times.

• Thank you my friend. It is really a blessing to have a blogger community that supports each other through the best and the worst. Our world needs more people who goes an extra mile to help, reach out, express kindness and show thoughtfullness.

37. Pingback: Travel Theme: Multiples « East of Málaga

38. gourmandchic says:

Absolutely beautiful and thought provoking post. I truly wish you and your family the best for 2013!!! A new house filled with new blessed memories!

39. Pingback: Weekly Image of Life: Wish List for 2013 « The Wish Factor

40. The Guat says:

Dude! I totally love your wish list. It’s deep and amazing and accompanied by some awesome photos. I agree with all your wish list items spirituality, peace, amazing adventures with my kids, and travel. Those are all great wishes, which I hope come true 🙂 And just wanted to say that I love the photo of your sister in deep thought and the one of your son pretending to be a shark. They are both great in different ways, one serious, one amazingly fun. Great post my friend!

And here’s my addition to the 2013 wish list pile … hope you enjoy 🙂

• An inspiring wish for 2013, “A stronger sense of balance.” I wish to embrace as well your wish for this year. A stronger person in all aspects of my life. It may take some sacrifices but I bet what waits at the finish line is worth it all. Thanks for the motivation and for the great post. Have a fun weekend.

41. buckylb says:

I love the picture of the boys jumping on the beach … and the one of them sitting in the water. Best wishes as you work to accomplish your goals!

42. naomimgruer says:

Great photos and sentiments. I liked the water slide pics from your other post and especially the card your son made for your wife. On an old family video, my son said to me, “I’m four and I love you!” He’s eighteen now, in college and training with ROTC for the army). I will treasure that little boy forever.http://bmoreenergy.wordpress.com

43. Pingback: Weekly Image of Life: Wish List for 2013 « Life of a Minister Mom

44. lifeofaministermom says:

This is a wonderful post IT! The truth is life is a mixture of the great and marvelous, along with the sad and disappointing, but our most wonderful constant to see us through it all is God! I share in all of these wishes with you, and thank you for being such a wonderfully supportive friend. You truly exemplify #7 on your list, and I hope I can impart just a bit of that same generosity back to you!! Here’s my post for the week! http://lifeofaministermom.com/2013/01/08/weekly-image-of-life-wish-list-for-2013/#
    May God bless you abundantly!!

Patricia

• Thanks Patricia. Your words are always comforting and comes from a heart of faith. I am blessed no matter how life turned out to be. I made mistakes. Big ones but there’s so much good around me that they are mere distractions to what really awaits. That gives me hope. God bless you and your family.

Comments are closed.